Welcome to the web page of the Knights of Columbus Council #9518 of St. Gerald Catholic Church in Ralston, Nebraska. We invite all practicing Catholic men of our parish age 18 and older to join our ranks and take a more active role in their faith.
To keep up with the latest information from our council, please visit our Facebook page
. For general information about the Knights of Columbus, please visit the Knights of Columbus website
for additional information on upcoming events.
St. Gerald Knights Council 9518 Friday Fish Dinners
ALL DINNERS DRIVE THRU ONLY
Join us on Friday Nights of Lent, 4:00pm - 7:00pm
February 19, 26 March 5, 12, 19, 26
St. Gerald Catholic Church, 96th & Q
LIMITED MENU for 2021
$10 - 3pc Baked Cod Meal*
$5 - Mac & Cheese (3 scoops) +Fries
$5 - 2 slices of Pizza + Fries
$2 - 1 slice of Pizza
$1 - Extra Piece of Fish with Meal
$1 - Soda or Water
Desserts available for purchase to support parish organizations.
*Meal includes baked cod, mac & cheese, potatoes (baked or wedges), green beans, coleslaw, bread. Desserts available for purchase to support parish organizations.
Generally, our council meets the 3rd Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. We start our meetings with either a mass or communion service in the 96th & Q Street adoration chapel. All members are invited to attend our general meeting.
About Our Council
Council #9518 was chartered in 1987 and is named after Fr. William A. Foster. We are affiliated with St. Gerald Parish in Ralston and many other organizations within the Ralston & Omaha metro area. We started our Council with 46 charter members with the first Chaplain being Fr. William A. Foster and the first Grand Knight, Jim McNamara. Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism are the cornerstones of our Order which focuses on active involvement by our members in the areas of church, community, council, family and youth.
There are over 2,600 families at St. Gerald Parish. We currently have a nice mix of younger and more seasoned members which has given our council a wonderful balance of energy and character. With all the Family, Youth, Service, Parish, and Community Activities that we sponsor every year we believe there are many reasons to join Council #9518.
Our Council’s Activities and Successes in 2018
- Collected and donated $3,579 to the Knights of Columbus One Rose/One Life Campaign (January)
- Collected $946 in our annual Buck-A-Month campaign with proceeds to Bethlehem House (January)
- Hosted a two day retreat at the Creighton Retreat Center (January)
- Hosted a parish-wide Clergy Appreciation Dinner (January)
- Sponsored a Youth Free Throw Contest (January)
- Hosted a Valentine Night Dinner for Knights and guests (February)
- Served 6 parish-wide Lenten Fish Dinners with proceeds to parish needs (Lent)
- Co-Sponsored the Fr. William A. Foster Golf Tournament with proceeds to the Fr. Foster Endowment Fund (May)
- Awarded $5,000 in high school scholarships to St. Gerald students (May)
- Participated in the Mother's Day Rose Sale sponsored by Essential Pregnancy Services (May)
- Sponsored two Red Cross Blood Drives (June/October)
- Donated $500 each to three seminarians (June)
- Hosted a Council picnic for Knights, family and friends (June)
- Sponsored and served the Totus Tuus luncheon (July)
- Participated in the Ralston Independence Day Parade (July)
- Supported the annual Altar Server Appreciation Bowling party (August)
- Served Back-to-School Family Breakfast (August)
- Dedicated our Memorial to the Unborn (August)
- Cooked and served hamburgers at the St. Gerald Parish Festival (September)
- Collected donations totaling $1,177 in our annual Tootsie Roll Drive with proceeds to Ralston Special Olympics (October)
- Donated over 300 new coats, gloves and hats to needy children in our parish and the Ralston School District in our Coats for Kids program (October)
- Participated in the Salvation Army's Thanksgiving Turkey Fest baking over 500 dozen cookies for needy families (November)
- Hosted the annual Turkey Bingo Night with proceed to St. Gerald scholarship fund (November)
- Hosted a Memorial Mass for all deceased Brother Knights and deceased spouses (November)
- Maintained a vigil watch at Church on Christmas Eve and the night of the Guardian Angel Dinner (December/February)
- Welcomed 18 new members into our Council (throughout year)
- Conducted 4 Corporate Communions and Family Rosaries for Knights, family and guests (5th Sundays of the month)
- Held 4 Texas Hold'em Tournaments (throughout year)
- Donated over $11,500 to various other church and community charities; i.e. St. Gerald Capital Campaign Fund, St Thomas More Society, Siena Francis House, KVSS Spirit Catholic Radio, St. Gerald Rosary Group, Global Outreach, Chesterton Academy, KC Charities (Middle East Persecuted Christian Fund) and Tri-City Food Pantry.
Weekly Adoration Hour
Thursdays 6:00PM - 96th and Q Chapel
As part of our effort to grow our Parish Family Life and deepen all of our Faith, the Knights are proud to announce that we have booked a weekly Holy Hour of Adoration reserved for Brother Knights and their families and friends. The goal of this hour is to help strengthen our council, parish and families through conversation with Jesus.
There is no formal agenda or program for this hour. Depending on the number of attendees, please feel free to join in a group Rosary or simply remain in silent prayer. Additionally, this is a fantastic way to spend the 3rd Thursday of each month and then stay and join us for mass and our monthly meeting. We look forward to worshiping with you and your family!
About the Knights of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus offers men a place to lead their families and communities in faith and service and put their Faith into Action. Knights of Columbus members, parishes and families have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference through 32 Supreme Council-recommended programs.
Organized into Faith, Family, Community and Life categories, the Faith in Action program model empowers Knights to come together to share faith, celebrate fraternity with loved ones, and do what they do best - stand shoulder to shoulder in service to the community and to defend life at all stages and in every condition.
Grow in faith and build a strong parish and Church. Aid priests and religious in formation, honor Mary, mother of God, and engage in serious spiritual reflections and religious education activities.
Strengthen families through faith and service. Socialize and pray with other faith-filled Catholic families through special events, religious services and volunteer opportunities.
Make a powerful difference in your community. Help those less fortunate with the basic human needs of clothing, shelter, mobility and compassion.
Create a culture of life. Assist pregnant women in need, care for the elderly, aid the handicapped and empower those with special needs to realize their full potential.