For adult 55+ who are members of St. Gerald Parish and from the surrounding area. Monthly scheduled activities provide opportunities to develop new and expand continuing friendships through social activities.
Singles, widows, widowers, couples, working, retired, socially active people, Catholics as well as non-Catholics forming a social community here in St. Gerald Parish.
Simply fill out a membership form
and pay the $5.00 annual dues.
If you have any questions, please contact Rita Guenette at 402-980-5787. Friends on Q is lead by a committee of volunteers, Katie & Freeman Burns, Shirley Cloyd, Barb Considine, Alice Glantz, Kay Goodro, Kathy Goodman, Rita Guenette, Paul and Colita Kwitakowski, and Pat Seier
Activities are publicized in the church bulletin
and committee members contact members prior to events.
2019 FOQ Activities
All events are held at St. Gerald's in the Fellowship Hall unless otherwise noted. Make all checks payable to St. Gerald.
January - No Activity planned
February - No Activity planned
March 13, 6:00pm
- Corn Beef Dinner, 6:00 pm. Cost: $8.00 for member, $10.00 non-member
April 24, 6:00pm
- Pot Luck Dinner and Game Night. Bring a dish to share and a game you would like to play.
May 22, 10:00am
- Visit the Stations of the Cross at the Cloisters and meal at the Gambinos Pizza in Louisville, NE.
June 26, 7:00pm
- A Night at the Movies. Green Book. Concessions: hot dogs, popcorn and candy will be provided A treat for all ages.
July 14, 2:00pm
- Join us for Beauty & the Beast presented by Ralston Community Theater at Ralston High School. Reservation due by July 2, tickets $15.00. Make check to St. Gerald's, place in envelop marked Friends on Q and place in the Sunday offering basket or take to the Parish Office. Followed the play we will go to dinner at Spaghetti Works on Park Drive, separate checks for dinner.
August 28, 6:00pm
- Indoor Picnic and Bingo. Cost $8.00 member, $10.00 non-member - includes fried chicken dinner and four bingo cards.
September 25, 6:00pm
- Pot Luck Dinner. Bring a dish to share. Following dinner Sr Rita will speak about "Golden Years".
October 23, 6:00pm
- Soup and Pie Supper. Cost $8.00 members, $10.00 non-members. Entertainment will be provided by the Rubber Chicken Orchestra. Come and enjoy a fun evening of fellowship and entertainment,
November 20, 6:00pm
-Anniversary and Birthday Celebration. Dinner will include lasagne, salad and of course, dessert.
December 7 (Saturday), 11:00am
- Christmas Brunch, including egg casserole, cinnamon roll and fresh fruit, cost $8.00 members, $10.00 non-members