To provide opportunities for adult 55+ who are members of St. Gerald Parish and from the surrounding area. Monthly scheduled activities provide opportunities to develop new and expand continuing friendships through social activities.
Singles, widows, widowers, couples, working, retired, socially active people, Catholics as well as non-Catholics forming a social community here in St. Gerald Parish.
Simply fill out a membership form
and pay the $5.00 annual dues.
If you have any questions, please contact Rita Guenette at 402-980-5787. Friends on Q is lead by a committee of volunteers, Fran Curran, Barb Considine, Alice Glantz, Kay Goodro, Rita Guenette, Paul and Colita Kwitakowski, Marie Pennisi, Janet Rentko and Pat Seier
Activities are publicized in the church bulletin
and committee members contact members prior to events.
2017 FOQ Activities
All events are held at St. Gerald's in the Fellowship Hall unless otherwise noted. Make all checks payable to Friends on Q.
March 22, 6:00pm
- Corn Beef Dinner, 6:00 pm. Cost: $8.00 for member, $10.00 non-member
Program: Musical Entertainment
April 26, 6:00pm
- Salad & Dessert Pot Luck.
Program: Master Gardener speaking about Container Gardening.m
May 17, 6:00pm
- Pot Luck Dinner and Game Night. Bring a dish to share and a game you would like to play.
June 28, 6:30pm
- A Night at the Movies. "The Secret Life of Roan Inish". John Sayles' most popular movie ever is the magical tale of a girl whose search for her missing brother brings an Irish legend to life. A treat for all ages. Movie treats will be provide.
July 16, 2:00pm
- "A Funny Thing Happen on the Way to the Forum" a play at the Ralston High School and Dinner at Spaghetti Works on Park Drive
August 23, 6:00pm
- Indoor Picnic and Bingo. Cost $8.00 member, $10.00 non-member - includes meal and four bingo cards
September 27, 11:00am-3:00pm
- Private Tour, Loess Hills Lavender Farm. Cost $20 members, $22 non-members, which includes box lunch, tour and bus. Departing from St. Gerald 96 & Q parking lot. Space will be limited.
October 22, 2:00pm-6:30pm
- Mahoney Melodrama "Creeper of Crestwood" followed by dinner at the Lodge. Cost, $25.00 members, $30.00 non-members, includes play, dinner and bus. Bus will leave St Gerald 96 & Q Street at 2:00pm, returning at 6:30pm. Space will be limited.
November 15, 6:00pm
- Soup Supper. Cost $8.00 members, $10.00 non-members
December 9, noon
- Christmas Lunch and Gift Exchange, Cost $8.00 members, $10.00 non-members