Reporting sexual abuse by any member of the clergy or archdiocesan employees: Click Here
Need help finding something?
Search the stgerald.org site:
Subscribe to our RSS feed to
get homepage announcements.
What is an RSS feed?
Welcome to Saint Gerald Catholic Church
From the Pastor's DeskFarewell to Deacon Chris and Erika: With his departure from the Stewardship and Development office, Deacon Chris and Erika Hanson will be moving on to another ministry and parish. The Parish would like to offer a fond farewell, good luck and God Bless to the Hansons. Deacon Chris will preach the homily at the 10:30 am mass on Sunday, July 26 and afterwards there will be reception in the hall. All are invited.
What's happening in Youth Ministry?
1. YDisciple (pronounced "why-disciple"): Dan Wees and Alan Vonnhame, new on the staff of our school and parish, will oversee the Youth Ministry in our parish. We are changing the focus to concentrate on small group, more intense, disciple forming experience. This will call out the talents of those who love to share their love for the Lord and their church with a small group of boys or girls. We are working from two ends towards the middle. On one end we are going to be contacting our youth who have shown interest to ask for their commitment; on the other end we are working with our adults to recruit individuals who are willing to become a Discipleship leader: men for the boys and women for the girls. Each group will be 5-7 members led by an adult and young adult. Parents and adults are seen as crucial to the success of the program. So, Parents: please talk to your kids about this.
Training for adult leaders is Saturday, July 25. Sunday August 9 is our big kick off with a cook-out and some fun activities at the Lakeview Gym at 6:00 pm.
2. Middle School Youth: Becca Gann will coordinate the after school MS youth group. We have some exciting plans for this. Joe Buck helped get this started last year. Middle School kids from our Public School Youth participate in the Religious Formation Program now under the direction of Alan Vonnhame.
3. Children in Public School, Grades Pre-School-6, and their families participate in Family Formation. This is under the direction of Mary Harper. We are going gang busters now into our third year.
4. Family Formation in the Grade School: I have been meeting with a great group of parents who had children in K last year. We are discerning the course we want to take with FF. My purpose is to evangelize our Catholic School Families but because this is a cultural shift-we have to be deliberate and slow. The program will begin with either K-1 or K-2. Our third meeting will take place on Saturday, July 25 and at that point we will be ready to roll out the program and let families know what is going to be happening this coming year. The parents I have been seeing will become a great cheering squad to lead us towards success. Alan Vonnhame will help me oversee this new ministry to our GS parents. The goal would be to move it further into the culture of the school one year at a time.
New! Welcome Tuition GrantSt. Gerald Catholic School is excited to announce our participation in a newly formed student transfer program developed by the Archdiocese of Omaha. Children entering grades 1-7 from a non-Catholic school will be eligible to receive a $1,000 tuition discount in year one and $500 in year two of their enrollment. For more information, please contact our Principal, Mrs. Michaela Goerke at 402-331-4223.
St. Gerald Parish FestivalSunday, September 13, 11:30-6:00 at 96th & Q
Do you own a business, member of a parish group, or just an individual that would like to assist in supporting the Parish Festival?
The festival committee is looking for sponsorships for the booths. A sponsorship is only $50 and will get your name on the booth. If interested please send your name and the correct spelling to Tim Hancock at the parish office along with $50 payment.
The festival committee is also looking for several other items: (Please place in back of church)
• Used or new children's books
• Any size glassware for the penny toss game
• 2 litters of pop (any brand)
• Bottles of wine, 6 pack of beer, or other liquor for wine pull (unchilled)
Lastly, you should have received your raffle tickets in the mail. Please consider filling them out and returning with payment or selling them to friends, neighbors, or coworkers. Thanks for all your support and generosity in making the Parish Festival a success. For any questions please contact Mark and Jennifer White at email@example.com
Prayer for Family FormationPrayer for Family Formation in Every Part of Our Parish
Dear Lord, you have always been faithful to us and have always guided our parish to know, love and serve you. You call us to be Disciples who actively share their faith with others. Strengthen the gifts of the Holy Spirit in each of us as we seek to help our families become the primary place of religious formation. We give you thanks for the fruit that has come from Family Formation. Bless all our efforts this coming year especially as we move the Family Formation model into our school and as we begin YDisciple among our youth. Encourage us as we move in this new direction and keep our hearts tuned to your will. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Why Saint Gerald Catholic School?Come find out what our parents already know! For more information on the value of a Catholic School education, go to www.lovemyschool.com.
Call the school office for more info: 402-331-4223 or contact school principal, Michaela Goerke, to set up a tour - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please watch the video below to learn more about our wonderful school.
A message to parents...The statistics on how our children are being affected by the availability of pornography are disturbing, to say the least. I don't like to tell parents how to parent but when it comes to this subject, I do get more personal. You need to do all you can to keep this from your kids. Kids can click on something quite innocent and suddenly they are the victims. So you need to do all you can to keep this out of your house and the attached brochure, produced by our own office of victim outreach and abuse prevention, is a good one to help you. I hope you take the time to read and put into effect its recommendations.
Forging a Future of Faith Campaign
We are a Catholic faith community devoted to becoming a dynamic center of worship. We challenge ourselves to lead lives patterned after Jesus. With gratitude we share our faith, talents, gifts and resources so that more people experience God's love.
1. To help people feel "at home" in our parish.
2. To improve communications within the parish.
3. To increase our evangelization efforts.
4. To improve the financial state of the parish and the viability of its property.
Click here for more detail regarding parish goals.
Today's Mass Readings
Visit the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website and read today's mass readings, or listen to the readings by clicking on the play button (small triangle) below.
Help Our Parish Educate
By purchasing gift certificates to various local vendors at no additional cost to you, you support our educational programs including 5 Day School, Family Formation, Youth Ministry, Adult Education, and the Parish Library. Click here to reserve your HOPE certificates online now.
Make your one-time or recurring donation using your debit card, credit card, checking, or savings account. Click here or scan the QR code with your phone:
Women's Social Group
Bible Verse of the Day
Update Your Information