Need help finding something?
Search the stgerald.org site:
Subscribe to our RSS feed to
get homepage announcements.
What is an RSS feed?
Welcome to Saint Gerald Catholic Church
Fr. Korte in ItalyFr. Korte shares his pictures and stories from his trip to Italy. Return often for updates and additional videos being added.
From the Pastor's DeskArchbishop's Annual Appeal: The annual appeal is every Catholic's opportunity within the Archdiocese of Omaha to share in the work of the Archdiocese and the mission of the Church. Our parish has currently committed $15,530 towards our goal of $92,587. Please prayerfully consider a gift.
I'm back: I'm glad to be back in the states. When I wrote this on Sept. 3, I was positive I would be able to say this. I always feel the same once I'm back in my old bed. Gosh I'm getting old... now I know why my mom never wanted to stay anywhere overnight. I'll write more about my trip later.
Eucharistic Miracle at Lanciano, Italy: Is the Holy Eucharist that we receive at mass really the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ? Our Lord allows us to peer into the mystery by miraculous encounters with the reality of the Holy Eucharist. Two cases are shared here. The first wondrous event took place in the 8th century A.D. in the little Church of St. Legontian, in present day Lanciano, as a divine response to a Priest's doubt about Jesus' Real Presence in the Eucharist. During Holy Mass, after the two-fold consecration, the host was changed into live Flesh and the wine was changed into live Blood, which coagulated into five globules, irregular and differing in shape and size. In 1970-'71 and taken up again partly in 1981 there took place a scientific investigation by the most illustrious scientist Prof. Odoardo Linoli, eminent Professor in Anatomy and Pathological Histology and in Chemistry and Clinical Microscopy. He was assisted by Prof. Ruggero Bertelli of the University of Siena.
The analyses were conducted with absolute and unquestionable scientific precision and they were documented with a series of microscopic photographs. These analyses sustained the following conclusions:
1) The Flesh is real Flesh. The Blood is real Blood.
2) The Flesh and the Blood belong to the human species.
3) The Flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart.
4) In the Flesh we see present in section: the myocardium, the endocardium, the vagus nerve and also the left ventricle of the heart for the large thickness of the myocardium.
5) The Flesh is a "HEART" complete in its essential structure.
6) The Flesh and the Blood have the same blood-type: AB (Blood-type identical to that which Prof. Baima Bollone uncovered in the Holy Shroud of Turin).
7) In the Blood there were found proteins in the same normal proportions (percentage-wise) as are found in the sero-proteic make-up of the fresh normal blood.
8) In the Blood there were also found these minerals: chlorides, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium.
9) The preservation of the Flesh and of the Blood, which were left in their natural state for twelve centuries and exposed to the action of atmospheric and biological agents, remains an extraordinary phenomenon. Similar studies have been made on another Eucharistic Miracle that took place in Buenos Aires when our present Pope was Bishop there. The hosts in this wondrous event were analyzed and the results are equally mind boggling. In 2001 samples were sent to Professor Linoli who identified the white blood cells and said to me that most probably the samples corresponded to heart tissue. The results obtained from the samples were similar to those of the studies performed on the Host of the Miracle of Lanciano. In 2002 a sample was sent to Professor John Walker at the University of Sydney in Australia who confirmed that the samples showed muscle cells and intact white blood cells and everyone knows that white blood cells outside our body disintegrate after 15 minutes and in this case 6 years had already passed.
Bake for Books Book FairThe annual St. Gerald Bake 4 Books bake sale will be the weekend of October 25-26. Items can be brought to the fellowship hall on Saturday October 25 after 9:00am. We hope you will stop by after mass that weekend to purchase some of these home baked items. If you have questions, or would like to help in any way, please contact Mary Sheridan at 402-677-1452.
Angel TreeSt. Gerald will help those in need that live in our parish boundaries at Christmas time. If you know of someone who has children and may need help this Christmas with gifts for their children, please have them contact the business office at 402-331-1955. We will accept names until November 17. No names accepted after the deadline.
Friends on Q Celebrate 10 YearsWednesday Nov. 19 at 6 PM we will have a Soup Supper in the Fellowship Hall at 96th and Q. The cost is $8 for members and $10 for non-members. Help us celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Money has to be in by Nov. 10. No exceptions. Any questions call Bobbie Petri 402-331-0882. This is also the time of the year to renew memberships. Renewal forms will be available at the Nov. Soup Supper.
Forging a Future of Faith Campaign
Prayer for the success of our campaignDear Jesus,
We humbly stand before you *
grateful for our call to be your disciples. *
We form St. Gerald Parish with its vital connection to the
Archdiocese of Omaha *
and together we form a community of faith *
helping each other respond to your call to be holy and generous disciples.
Thank you for St. Gerald Parish and the whole Archdiocese *
for they are gifts to us from the many faithful who sacrificed to build and
nourish what we have today *
and to whom we are forever indebted.
When you sent the Holy Spirit upon the first disciples,
tongues of fire appeared. *
Let that same fire forge us into more holy and generous disciples. *
Let the flames enlighten us to share what we can for the good of
St. Gerald Parish and the whole Archdiocese.
May the gifts of the Holy Spirit, freely given to us, be ignited in our souls
and in our actions *
so that we can be more like you, Lord Jesus, *
for you show us the way by loving example and enable us with your grace.
Dear Jesus, please bless our efforts to provide a holy future filled with
hope for generations yet to come.
We offer this prayer in your name, Jesus, for you live and reign with the
Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Communion to Shut-InsIf you know of anyone who is unable to come to Mass on Sunday and they would like the Eucharist brought to them, please call 402-331-1955.
We are a Catholic faith community devoted to becoming a dynamic center of worship. We challenge ourselves to lead lives patterned after Jesus. With gratitude we share our faith, talents, gifts and resources so that more people experience God's love.
1. To help people feel "at home" in our parish.
2. To improve communications within the parish.
3. To increase our evangelization efforts.
4. To improve the financial state of the parish and the viability of its property.
Click here for more detail regarding parish goals.
Today's Mass Readings
Visit the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website and read today's mass readings, or listen to the readings by clicking on the play button (small triangle) below.
Help Our Parish Educate
By purchasing gift certificates to various local vendors at no additional cost to you, you support our educational programs including 5 Day School, Family Faith Formation, Youth Ministry, Adult Education, and the Parish Library. Click here to reserve your HOPE certificates online now.
Make your one-time or recurring donation using your debit card, credit card, checking, or savings account. Click here or scan the QR code with your phone:
Women's Social Group
Bible Verse of the Day
Update Your Information